Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the end

I see this blog as a chronicle of my year really, if you look back at my very first post you can see never ending errors and misspelling. it is really very horrible, I had never before created a blog or even used a site like blogger before. just like this blog when I started this class I had never really been in a advanced English class. I had always been instead the one who could get by in class without batting an eye, this was because of my mother mainly. my mother is a English major and used to be a substitute teacher so I went to kindergarten knowing how to read. over my elementary years I devoured books at a rapid pace. the only thing that was wrong with my reading was that I was only reading one genre, fantasy. while fantasy is not in its self a bad thing I had reached a kind of point of stagnation, my reading choices were limited by my own tastes and this was not a good thing. it wasn't till I began middle school that I really began to branch out I was introduced to manga and the art form that is graphic novels. as I continued on my choice of books kept widening and widening and this year it simply exploded! I have been given such stories as Dracula,To kill a mockingbird,Animal farm,the importance of being Ernest,of mice and men,Dune, and Rome and Juliet. with each of thees my scope has grown larger and larger, I have been taught how to analyze and contemplate and how to really understand . for that I thank you Mrs. Gilman, I thank you for making me read books that are outside my comfort zone and teaching me to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment